- Seafood is available to purchase in Cowell and Port Lincoln, including oysters, prawns, crabs, mussels, bugs, crays etc.
- Best time for snapper is December till April/May but they are caught all year round bar the closure in November. Whiting are caught all year round.
- Everything you need food and drink wise can be purchased locally.
- Catch and release is not recommended as the big snapper don’t recover very well in the deep water. The white pointers love to eat exhausted 20 pound snapper.
- White pointer sharks are regularly sighted.
- If you have any worries about being seasick I recommend taking a travel calm or quell tablet half hour prior to departure.
- On normal days fishing, most people want to chase the big snapper or King George whiting.